Exeposé has been shortlisted for ‘Best Student Publication’ in the 2015 Guardian Student Media Awards, it has been announced.

The Award, which will be judged by Katharine Viner, editor-in-chief at Guardian News & Media, as well as the editors of The Independent on Sunday, The Evening Standard, The Financial Times Weekend Magazine and deputy editor of The Times, seeks to reward the publication that “has achieved the perfect balance of news, features and ideas-driven editorial.”

Also shortlisted for this year’s award are: Roar (King’s College London), The Courier (Newcastle University), Nouse (University of York) and I, Science (Imperial College London)

Previous winners have included York Vision, Leeds Student and Kingston University’s The River. 

2014/15 Exeposé editor Harrison Jones has also been shortlisted for ‘Best Student Reporter’ and ‘Best Student Features Writer.’ Speaking about the nomination(s), he said: “This is ‘the’ awards ceremony for student newspapers, so to get shortlisted is a big deal – I think as a paper Exeposé have only been in the top five once in recent history, so I’m delighted that the hard work of everyone who contributed last year, especially the committee, has paid off.

“The other papers are great but I think we do have a real chance of winning and that’d be amazing.

“On an individual level, I didn’t expect to get shortlisted, so being selected in two categories is also great.”

Katie O’Connor, VP Activities said: “I would like to offer huge congratulations to Exeposé on being shortlisted for these prestigious awards. It is wonderful that the hard work of our student media has been recognised and I wish them luck through the judging process.”

The Guardian Student Media Awards have been running since 1979. This year’s ceremony will take place Tuesday 1 December at The Guardian Media Group Headquarters in London.