Oh yes, “I wish it could be Christmas everyday” … “What a nice way to spend the year”. Mince pies need munching, mulled wine needs drinking, Christmas markets need exploring and the Christmas clothes need to make a cover page worthy appearance. I’m going beyond the Christmas jumper trend. I’m going all out because, well, term finishes on the 11th, which means we’ve got just over a week to don our antlers, dig out those Christmas jumpers and quite literally, deck the halls.
Deadline dramas and exam timetable tantrums aside, there’s no excuse not to celebrate The Official Countdown. Whilst compiling my wish list, I’ve also been on the lookout for some of 2015’s best festive finds, which I’m going to share, because Christmas is most definitely all about giving…
- “And so this is Christmas.” It is, it is, it is. And I have no shame in admitting that I’m just an ickle bit excited! Let’s start with the must have: The Christmas Jumper – yes, that is totally deserving of capitals. How can you not? Christmas parties and family get-togethers must have the right uniform, quite frankly, you will be judged if you turn up to a Christmas party sans appropriate (essential) attire.
- “Last Christmas I gave you my heart, but the very next day you gave it away.” Sequins never let you down. It’s safer all round. I’m investing in sparkles. Is there a better time to don yourself head to toe in glitter? No. No, there is not. Everyone deserves to shine and sparkle and marvel in Christmas magic.
- “Santa Claus is coming to town.” Christmas PJs! What a wonderful collab – pjs and Christmas – these two were made for each other! Whether PJs make up part of Christmas tradition or remind you of many a sleepless Christmas Eve, this year, re-live Christmas pasts with some super snuggly nightwear.
- “All I want for Christmas is you.” They’ve got a bad-reputation as the ‘go-to-gift’, but I’m a major fan of the Christmas socks. Hide them in shoes if you must, but you can’t beat sneaky Santa socks. This is the bare-minimal Christmas attire. No excuses. Let’s face it: you do want some festive socks. Celebrating from head to toe remember.
- “Oh the weather outside is frightful.” Keep snuggly with faux fur and channel your inner Eskimo – it’s fashionable and practical, what’s not to love?!
- Cue Love Actually and “dreaming of a White Christmas”, “polar” necks, polo necks, turtle necks, call them what you will, a cozy high-neck is a must have!
- “You’re handsome, you’re pretty, queen of New York City.” It’s time to answer younger you’s ballet dancer/princess/fairy dreams and make everyone’s Christmas “dreams come true” with the tutu! Also makes for the perfect winter-wedding outfit.
- “I don’t want a lot for Christmas, there is just one thing I need…” When it comes to jewellery, it could be said that less is more. Leave the Tiffany boxes and Pandora charms to your wish list and call on some (classy) novelty jewellery. And no, you’re never too old for Christmas!
- “And the bells are ringing out for Christmas Day.” You might only get to use them for one month of the year, but you’ll spend the other eleven months counting down to dig these bags out again! And, you’ll steal the limelight as you seamlessly glide over the issue of “sequin-dresses’-pocket-absence”! Belle of the Ball right here.
- “Have yourself a merry little Christmas.” Just think of all those memories your phone is going to capture, all those messages of love you’ll send and all those Christmas tunes you’ll sing along to, doesn’t your phone deserve to dress to impress too?
“Look to the future now, it’s only just begun”: you are most certainly entering a new phase of Christmas excitement build up. Invest in some of these must-have festive fashion accessories and embrace the cheesy-Christmas-film-feels. It really is “the most wonderful time of the year” and from head to toe, earrings to socks, I’m wearing Christmas with a big smile.