Home Music Single Review: Ariana Grande & Justin Bieber – Stuck With U

Single Review: Ariana Grande & Justin Bieber – Stuck With U

Print Music Editor Bridie Adams reviews the first collaboration by Ariana Grande and Justin Bieber.

In their first collaboration, Ariana Grande and Justin Bieber sing about what it’s like to be in love and in quarantine. ‘Stuck with U’ reflects on what it’s like to be isolating with someone you love (enjoying spending time with them despite feeling slightly “Stuck”). Although, of course, the single is very appropriate for the current global climate, it clashes with the lockdown being lifted slightly in the UK, some US states and other countries around the world. So, perhaps it’s slightly late to the quarantine party. Either way, it’s an easy-to-listen-to, chilled out, soulful track that I’ve really been enjoying. The single is also charitable, with all proceeds being donated to First Responder’s Children’s Foundation. 

of course, the single is very appropriate for the current global climate

This single fits in well with Justin Bieber’s latest work, most of which is focused around being in love, supposedly inspired by his recent marriage. Compared to Grande’s last album thank u, next, which had some hip-hop vibes thrown into her usual poppy sound, this single is more R&B. It is perhaps the opposite, thematically, of her song ‘NASA’ which stresses the importance of personal space within a relationship. ‘Stuck with U’ embraces every part of spending every day with someone, and it hits very well in our current worldwide situation.