Home NewsUniversity News University of Exeter receives £1.25m towards improving society and the economy

University of Exeter receives £1.25m towards improving society and the economy

The University of Exeter has been awarded £1.25 million towards improving society and the economy.

Image: Forum Piazza/Wikimedia Commons

It is part of a £40 million investment grant from the Economic and Social Research Council (ESRC)
awarded to 32 UK institutions.

The grant aims to help academics influence policy, create, and protect jobs, and innovate new
products and services.

Previous ESRC funding supported Professor Ana Beduschi’s work with the Network for Children’s
Rights
which produced a free interactive toolkit about children’s migrant rights. This toolkit has been
used by charity workers in the UK and Greece to build their advocacy and legal strategies.

University of Exeter Politics and Public Policy Professor Claire Dunlop, who led the funding bid, said:
“We’re delighted to have been successful again in this prestigious IAA award. This third round of
funding will enable colleagues at Exeter to use the social scientific research they create to make
positive and lasting impacts to societies across the UK and the world. We can’t wait to get started
and hear colleagues’ ideas.”

University of Exeter’s Vice-Chancellor Professor Lisa Roberts said: “We are delighted that we have
once again received this funding, which demonstrates the breadth of world-leading work being
undertaken by academic colleagues at Exeter to support our Strategy 2030 ambitions of building a
fairer, socially just and inclusive society”.