Home LifestyleCulture Baby it’s cold outside

Baby it’s cold outside

Kayleigh Swart shares her best tips for staying warm during this winter season.
1 min read
Image: Mălina Sîrbu via pexels

Winter is officially here and it’s freezing cold. Especially for us students who can’t afford to keep the heating on constantly and who are living in poorly insulated student houses. We’re all looking for ways to keep warm and comfortable, and I have a few ideas that might just help you out for the next few months.

Now heating can be expensive and the cause for many fights between housemates, but it is important to have it on a little bit. You don’t want to get sick or to pay to fix the pipes in your house if they freeze. Even so your house probably won’t be that warm. My favourite thing to do is to get a hot water bottle; you can get them for a few pounds from Primark and they are a life saver. You can just have it around you, hold it to keep you warm, or, my personal favourite, put it under your covers before bed so you have a warm and toasty sleep.

My favourite thing to do is to get a hot water bottle; you can get them for a few pounds from Primark and they are a life saver

Now if you’re not a hot water bottle kind of person there are a few more things I can suggest. Oversized fluffy jumpers and fluffy socks are the only think I currently wear at home. Can I also suggest investing in a good quality blanket, something that is really gonna trap the heat underneath. Weighted blankets are my personal favourite.

These are just a few tips to keep you a little warmer this winter season and to keep the cold outside.