Home Music The 2024 Festival Guide

The 2024 Festival Guide

Online Music Editor, Maya Fernandes discusses the upcoming festival lineups for this summer.
Flickr via Carol C.

Although scorching summer afternoons spent watching your favourite artists in a muddy field may seem like a distant memory now, summer is not so far away. With the majority of UK festivals beginning to release their lineups, what better way to stave off the winter blues, than to look ahead to the approaching festival season. Whether you’re a fan of hardcore rock or indie pop, there’s definitely something for everyone!

Reading and Leeds is a classic go-to for lovers of all kinds of music. Whether you’re a big group with varying music tastes or simply like a bit of everything, Reading and Leeds boasts a huge lineup this year with the likes of Fred Again, Lana Del Rey, Blink 182 and Catfish and the Bottlemen.

For the indie rock lovers among us, Victorious is definitely a great shout for this festival season. The Portsmouth-based festival features a stacked cast of artists this year, including Fatboy Slim, Snow Patrol, Jamie T and Pixies. Victorious will also see the highly anticipated return of the iconic girl band, Sugababes, as well as a recently announced set from noughties group, The Kooks.

If you’re looking for a festival for all the family, my choice would be Isle of Wight Festival. This year, the festival has an array of talent ranging from the legendary duo, Pet Shop Boys, American rock heroes, Green Day and pop boyband, McFly. With a slightly more relaxed feel, Isle of Wight is a great option for a group of all ages.

For the rock music fans out there, Download is definitely the festival for you. With classic acts from the ‘90s including Queen of the Stone Age and Fall Out Boy, this festival in mid-June is the ideal weekend to witness some old and relative newcomers to the world of rock ‘n’ roll.

Whether you’re a fan of hardcore rock or indie pop, there’s definitely something for everyone!

And lastly, it’s no surprise that Glastonbury tickets have already sold out for this year. We’re yet to hear any news of the lineup thus far, but rumoured headliners include Madonna, The Killers, Avril Lavigne, and even Rihanna. Here’s hoping the much-awaited lineup will be released soon.

It’s safe to say that every music fan is catered for with the range and diversity of the UK music festival scene. With plenty more announcements set to be released in the coming weeks, the 2024 festival season is already looking very promising.