Home Lifestyle Show us some silk

Show us some silk

There are some bangin’ deals out there on lingerie at the moment, ready for you to look hot and spicy in the bedroom; whether it’s to impress that special guy or gal in your life, or just to take some fit selfies in the mirror and feel good about yourself.

We have spent some time reviewing a selection of lingerie brands so you don’t have to. Here are some options to spice things up regardless of your budget:

First up, Lovehoney: We were pretty disappointed by this selection, it looked a little like a 40 year old housewife designed it. The website reminded us a bit of a fancy dress website, but not in a good way. Very kinky but, again, not in a good way. Good prices but tacky designs.

Savage X Fenty: We had high hopes for Rihanna’s brand. However, it’s a very strange mix of grandma pyjamas, boobless corsets, and training bras. There were some nice bits, but they are far too expensive for a student budget. Rihanna has severely let us down here. Come on, get it together. You’re better than this.

Hollister: If you’re looking for something pretty, but not ready to branch into the Lovehoney levels of kinky then this is definitely for you. It makes you feel good but not overly sexy. NB: avoid the store at all costs unless you want to wade through a hoard of preteens.

Ann Summers: This is a good combination of extremely kinky and more ‘vanilla’. If you’re into looking like your body is entangled in a web of lace and leather, then there’s definitely something here for you; but if you just want a pretty matching set, you’ll easily find something too. Ann Summers lingerie is reliably good quality, and there’s something there to please everyone.

Missguided: They have a lot to offer, some great matching sets for £15 if you’re looking for a bargain. Good if you want something a little bit saucy but definitely not too out there. 20% student discount makes it all a bit sweeter. Watch out for the quality though, sometimes you pay for what you get.

La Senza: We love La Senza. Amazing range of styles to suit all body types. Their products feel good quality and they always have some sort of sale on so never too spenny. But beware, you may have a basket that is full and seems cheap, but you will be sniped. £10.28 for delivery? Who do you think I am, Bill Gates? Unbelievable. It’s like when you go to eat a chocolate chip cookie and quickly realise that it is, in fact, RAISIN. Best to shop with a friend and split the delivery.

Nasty Gal: Get nasty with Nasty Gal. Picture Missguided, but kinkier. This is our top pick – there’s a great range, affordable prices, and usually some pretty sizeable discounts. Nasty Gal is seriously overlooked and a great option for looking sexy on a student budget.