Home Music Female Artists – Women’s History Month

Female Artists – Women’s History Month

Catherine Lloyd and Max Ingleby talk about some up and coming female phenoms in the music industry.

Female Artists – Women’s History Month

Source: pxhere

Profiles of some female phenoms in the music industry

Catherine Lloyd brings us some Beabadoobee buzz

Bea Kristi, otherwise known by her finsta stage name Beabadoobee, was late to the game, only picking up a guitar at seventeen but that didn’t stop her from soon finding her sound. Deservedly, fame followed close behind. Raised in West London, this filipino-born teen’s songs all have a similar trait: a low-fi, dreamy soundscape. Straight from the A level exam hall, she’s busied herself with her fourth, most recent EP Space Cadet, released last October. From the exam paper to being signed by Dirty Hit, her sound is unchanging. Kristi echoes a soft nineties indie pop with her hushed vocal, classing her as a punkier Mazzy Star’s Hope Sandoval. With access to a studio, she’s become bolder without losing the raw, stripped back authenticity she’s known for. Her tour with The 1975 speaks of good to come, something to rival the sugary track “Coffee”, featured in Powfu’s “Deathbed”, that is now the backing of thousands of Tik Toks.

“a blisteringly raunchy tirade set to a breakneck beat”

Max Ingleby forecasts success for Flo Milli

Coming straight out of Alabama, Flo Milli is breathing fresh life into the rap game with her infectiously catchy bops. Wielding a brash, confrontational flow, the 20-year-old launched her career in true ‘Zoomer’ fashion by blowing up on TikTok. Her breakout track ‘Beef FloMix’ spawned over fourteen thousand choreographed tributes on the app. In terms of official releases, Flo prefers quality over quantity, with three singles on Spotify and only a handful more on Soundcloud, but trust me, she’s only just getting started. ‘My Attitude’ her latest single, is a blisteringly raunchy tirade set to a breakneck beat in which Flo makes it clear that her “mouth do some damage,” lashing out left and right at everything and anyone. If you’re a fan of Saweetie and City Girls, look no further for some aggressive, energetic bangers direct from the Deep South.