Home Lifestyle In the Spotlight: Artigiano Espresso and Wine Bar

In the Spotlight: Artigiano Espresso and Wine Bar

Lily Reynolds-Hart spotlights Artigiano, an Espresso and Wine Bar on the High Street full of life and variety.
Image: Pavel Danilyuk via Pexels

If you haven’t discovered the magic that is Artigiano Espresso and Wine Bar, you’re seriously missing out on a game-changer for your student life! As we kick off the new year, perfecting the dream uni/social life balance is key and Artigiano is the spot that caters for all your needs. With its friendly staff and chill study vibe during the day that effortlessly transforms into a moody, artisan cocktail spot in the evening, Arti has mastered the art of day-to-night seamlessly.

Start your morning (or early afternoon!) right with Artigiano’s amazing brunch and top-notch espresso. Their coffee is sourced from the best local artisan suppliers, delivered fresh each day, and trust me, you can taste the difference. It’s the perfect spot for solo study sessions or group projects, with plenty of table space and a relatively quiet atmosphere during the week. When you’re looking to catch up with friends, Arti’s is the one you want as they offer great coffee, delicious food and incredible, fresh smoothies – there’s something for everyone! As the sun sets, the café morphs into a cool wine bar. Their expert mixologists can whip up a vast array of cocktails, and the signature Espresso Martini is an absolute must-try!

With its friendly staff and chill study vibe during the day that effortlessly transforms into a moody, artisan cocktail spot in the evening, Arti has mastered the art of day-to-night seamlessly

Artigiano isn’t just a cafe; it’s the perfect all-round spot and always my fail-safe. Located on the high street, it’s the ideal change of scenery when you need a break from the house or library. The spacious layout, delicious locally sourced coffee, and super friendly staff make it a top pick for any occasion. Don’t miss out on their delicious brunch offering – I highly recommend the veggie breakfast. Didn’t manage to get TP Wednesday tickets? Get a BOGOF pizza on Wednesdays (after 5pm) to cheer you up instead. Oh, and did I mention they offer 10% student discount too?

Artigiano’s calendar is packed with events throughout the week. Jazz night every Monday from 7:30 brings a live band in, creating the best atmosphere in town and it’s free entry! If pub quizzes are more your thing, Tuesdays are reserved for The Big Fat Quiz, where teams of up to six can compete for a chance to win a £50 bar tab. It is the perfect way to break the ice with a new group of people or for friends looking to shake up their social calendar. Thursdays are all about live acoustic music (from 8:30, and once again free entry!) and they’re open until 1am Fridays to start the weekend off right!

The spacious layout, delicious locally sourced coffee, and super friendly staff make it a top pick for any occasion

Artigiano is more than a cafe; it’s the ultimate study space, brunch spot, first-date location, cocktail bar and entertainment capital. Forever my go-to for any occasion with any person. Seriously, check it out and thank me later.