Home Music Move over TP – Quayside clubbing is in

Move over TP – Quayside clubbing is in

Eloise Grainger, Print Sports Editor, explains why your next night out in Exeter must be to Move, a vibrant and energetic venue for all music lovers
Move offers an unforgettable experience like this thanks to its excellent lighting and sound systems (Wikimedia Commons)

Move Nightclub is the best place to go for a night out in Exeter! You may be swayed to head to TP for some pop or Cavern for some indie, but Move rivals both these venues. Let me explain why… 

The venue is an intimate underground treasure down by the Quay. The two basement tunnels are complete with Funktion-One sound systems and intelligent lighting, offering an immersive and entrancing experience. Most events centre around DnB, Techno, House, UKG, and Hardcore, but Move has been known to host indie or Mamma Mia themed nights.  

Move showcases some of the best talent the Southwest has to offer as well as inviting big names to come and give us an unforgettable night.

Artists such as Sub Focus and Goddard have recently blessed the stage at Move… and these guys have played huge stages such as Reading and Leeds, Wireless and Glastonbury!

Move also hosts a range of local DJs, who are often student talent, such as Four Elements and Pipes.  

As this venue is on the smaller side, it gives you the chance to get up close and personal with some of the most iconic names in the international DnB scene. Likewise, Move supporting the local DnB community gives partygoers a great opportunity to explore new artists who are also residing in EX4.  

The tunnel format does tend to get a bit stuffy so I would recommend going in light and breathable clothing. Or you can always emerge from the underground and have a breather by the quay! 

Move is Exeter uni’s beating heart for underground nightlife. If you’re a drum and bass lover and looking for the best night out to get your fix of good beats and good times, then I definitely recommend paying a visit to Move.