Home News Exeposé Wins Best Publication at the Student Publication Association Awards

Exeposé Wins Best Publication at the Student Publication Association Awards

Online Editor, Maddie Baker, writes about Exeposé's success at the SPA awards and the SPANC this year.

Online Editor, Maddie Baker, writes about Exeposé‘s success at the SPA awards, as well as SPANC this year.

On October 4th it was announced that Exeposé had won the highly prized award for ‘Best Publication’ at this year’s Student Publication Association (SPA) awards. The SPA is the largest student media body for both the UK and Ireland and runs the SPA National Conference (SPANC) every year as a chance for student journalists to have their hard work recognised.

Exeposé is delighted to have been selected as best publication, for both its print and online content – an award sponsored by the University of Sheffield. We also offer our congratulations to The Mancunion, the University of Manchester’s student newspaper, for receiving high commendation.

Exeposé is delighted to have been selected as best publication, for both its print and online content – an award sponsored by the University of Sheffield.

The award was collected, albeit virtually this year because of COVID-19, by Exeposé’s senior team for 2019-20. This includes: Print Editors Isabelle Gray and Aaron Loose, Online Editors Harry Caton and Ellie Cook and Deputy Editors Neha Shaji and Anne Chafer.

The awards night saw many other student newspapers and student journalists being acknowledged for their contribution to the field. Fellow Exeter XMedia publication, RAZZ Magazine, gained the awards for Best Lifestyle Piece and Best Entertainment Piece which went to writer Sophie Chapman. Meanwhile, Impact Magazine from the University of Nottingham won Best Website, nearby Epigram newspaper from the University of Bristol won Best Overall Digital Media and writers Ben Oakes and Lily Martin from The Mancunion won Best News Story.

Their hard work over the last academic year was noted by the judges to have had significant impact on both its university and local community. We are proud to recognise Exeposé as the best of the UK and Ireland, and look forward to seeing what the team produces next.’

Owain Evans, SPA Chair

Owain Evans, Chair of the SPA, added ‘We are delighted to present Exeposé with our most prestigious award. Their hard work over the last academic year was noted by the judges to have had significant impact on both its university and local community. We are proud to recognise Exeposé as the best of the UK and Ireland, and look forward to seeing what the team produces next.’

The SPA Awards brought several days of talks, workshops and more to a close. This year’s senior team for 2020-21 hope to emulate and develop on the work of the previous senior team and encourage our writers to get involved with the SPA as student journalists.