Home News University of Exeter ranked as 46th most international university in the world

University of Exeter ranked as 46th most international university in the world

Image: Pixabay

The University of Exeter has been ranked as the 46th most international university in the world by the Times Higher Education World University Rankings.

The achievement is based on the high number of international staff and students who are at the University, coming from over 100 countries. With nearly one in five Exeter students being international, the diversity and internationality of students at Exeter is supported by the INTO programmes, and celebrated through university-wide events, including the celebration of the Lunar New Year with stalls in the Forum, and a fireworks display.

“We are very proud of what we are achieving through our partnerships with leading international universities and organisations.”

The University has recently opened up new offices in Malaysia to extend their international partnerships, alongside their prexisting work with the University of Queensland and the Chinese University of Hong Kong. Additionally, in alignment with Strategy 2030 (the University’s ten year strategy that aims to use education and research to help sustainability, human wellbeing, and social justice), the University of Exeter aims to use its international reach to work with QS World University Rankings to establish ‘Future 17’. This partnership aims to facilitate collaboration between leading universities and global organisations across the world, to help meet the 17 UN Sustainable Development Goals.

The University’s Deputy Vice Chancellor for Global Engagement, Professor Mark Goodwin, said: “We are very proud of what we are achieving through our partnerships with leading international universities and organisations. Working together, we are tackling some of the biggest global challenges to help create a sustainable, healthy and social just future for all”.

Editor: Orla Mackinnon