Ready Steady Bake… Chocolate Fudge Tart!
Anna Taylor takes us through her delicious chocolate fudge tart recipe
An easy and simple chocolate tart recipe that tastes delectable! I would recommend decorating it with strawberries and raspberries on top, and serving with vanilla ice cream.
- 150g Hobnob biscuits (or Gluten Free digestive biscuits)
- 45g cocoa powder
- 45g caster sugar
- 1/4 tsp table salt
- 80g salted butter
- 400g Carnation caramel
- 200g dark chocolate
- 175g milk chocolate
- 150ml double cream
- Turn the oven to 200C/ 390F /gas 6. Put the biscuits in a plastic bag and bash them with a rolling pin until they are in small crumbs. Then stir in the cocoa, sugar and salt. Soften the butter in the microwave and then stir it all together.
- Line the base of a 20cm cake tin (make sure it has a bottom that pops up and out) with grease-proof paper. Firmly and uniformly press the crumb mixture into the bottom. Put it in the freezer for 10 minutes and then bake for 10-12 minutes. Set it aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, put the condensed caramel, cream and chocolate into a saucepan to make the fudge filling. Warm over a low heat and stir until the ganache is smooth and glossy.
- Pour into the cooled biscuit base and then chill your tart in the fridge for a few hours.