Home News Exeter named runner-up in University of the Year award

Exeter named runner-up in University of the Year award

The University of Exeter has been announced as a runner-up in the University of the Year award, featuring in The Times and The Sunday Times Good University Guide 2023.

Image: University of Exeter via Wikimedia Commons

The University’s high levels of overall student satisfaction, quality of teaching and research, graduate employment prospects and degree completion rates all contributed to its ranking. The award also considers factors such as entrance qualifications held by new students, degree results achieved and student-staff ratios.

The University of Exeter also rose significantly in the National University League tables this year, ranking 13th in comparison to its previous position of 21st.

Vice-Chancellor Professor Lisa Roberts commented: “We are absolutely thrilled that the University of Exeter has secured runner-up position in this important ranking, as well as a significant rise in the overall league table position.”

This result is a testament to the partnership between our staff and students to continue to drive Exeter to continued success and enhancement of all that we do

Vice-Chancellor Professor Lisa Roberts

“As we mark a successful first year in the delivery of our new strategy, this achievement is one that we can celebrate within our University community, and also with our partners regionally, national and internationally, who play an integral role in achieving our ambitions to create a greener, healthier and fairer society for all.”

Throughout the summer, the University welcomed further recognition for its successes. In August, it was ranked in the 101-150 grouping of the Academic Ranking of World Universities (ARWU). It was also recognised as the best Russell Group University for student satisfaction in the National Student Survey, which was published this July.