Home News University of Exeter Business School wins Business School of the Year award

University of Exeter Business School wins Business School of the Year award

The University of Exeter Business School has been named Business School of the Year in the Times Higher Education Awards 2022.

Image: Rachel Cunningham

The assessors of the award praised Exeter’s dedication to sustainability and climate action. The business school has set up a local Sustainable Finance Centre, a NetZeroPlus initiative to remove carbon from the atmosphere by planting 750,000 acres of trees across the UK by 2050, and are leading a £30 million UKRI programme to design circular economy business models.

Professor Lisa Roberts, the University of Exeter’s Vice Chancellor has said: “I’m so delighted with this outstanding and well-deserved recognition of our Business School as the leading light in taking meaningful action on the climate crisis. It’s an incredible testament to our staff, who are pioneering research that changes the culture and practices of business, while maintaining high standards of student satisfaction and training the next generation of global business leaders. I’d like to extend a huge thanks and congratulations to all our staff, students and supporters for this tremendous achievement.”

I’m so delighted with this outstanding and well-deserved recognition of our Business School as the leading light in taking meaningful action on the climate crisis

Prof. Lisa Roberts, Vice Chancellor

Professor Alexandra Gerbasi, Dean of the University of Exeter’s Business School, said: “This award really is the pinnacle of recognition for a UK business school, and I couldn’t be more proud of our phenomenal community. The vision, dedication, and innovation of our staff, students, graduates and supporters is what makes the difference – to us as a university, but more importantly, to impacting positive change in the region and worldwide.”