Home Comment Djerf Avenue: An influencer success story

Djerf Avenue: An influencer success story

Charlie Oldroyd, Online Comment editor discusses the rise and creative innovations of Djerf Avenue, making it into an influencer success story.
3.5 mins read
Image: Charlie Oldroyd, wearing the Djerf Avenue fruit robe.

Matilda Djerf, a 26-year-old fashion designer, model and influencer has created a business empire, built on customer loyalty and innovation. Both Swedish nationals, Djerf and her partner Rasmus teamed up to create the fashion powerhouse. Created in 2019, the eponymous Djerf Avenue has grown exponentially and boasted a whopping 34.5-million-dollar revenue in the 2022 fiscal year. But Matilda’s brand isn’t centred around cold business statistics, Oh No.

What is a ‘Djerf Avenue Angel’? The answer could range from the brand’s own community platform, die-hard followers, or customers turned brand models. Matilda’s keen eye for the ‘Scandi Girl’ trend has ingrained, simple, ready to wear fashion into the public’s hearts and closets. One of the things that the brand gets right is its consistent engagement with customers on social media. They post enviable outfit pictures, Matilda’s adorable dog Rufus, and most recently a collaboration with fellow influencer Sofia Richie Grainge. An anticipated addition to the ‘Go Slow’ range, the brand has successfully captured lounge-wear through a fashionable lens. Their holiday themed collection almost completely sold out within 24 hours, is described as “perfect” for gifting season by Sofia.

Matilda’s keen eye for the ‘Scandi Girl’ trend has ingrained, simple, ready to wear fashion into the public’s hearts and closets.

Djerf Avenue’s environmentally conscious ethos means that garments are designed to be ready to wear, until they can no longer be worn. The company stands by the statement: “We believe in timeless designs that will work for years to come.” Garments are produced in ethically run factories across Europe, including Sweden, Italy and Portugal. Their website even boasts a re-selling platform to send pre-loved pieces to new homes at a discounted price. They have even purchased 8000m2 of forest for preservation!

We believe in timeless designs that will work for years to come

Both petite and plus sized bodies are catered to by Djerf Avenue, with sizes running from XXS-3XL or roughly sizes 4 through 18 in UK sizing. Each listing displays models of different sizes, championing inclusivity and representation.
However, the high prices have been a point of contention for consumers. For example, the signature Breezy Shirt costs ninety-nine pounds. The whopping price tags have contrasted against customer concerns with quality such as loose threads or fading fabric. Djerf Avenue combat this by promptly replacing faulty items and recycling or re-selling returned items.

Boasting an extensive list of stylish basics, it’s easy to desire their entire style catalogue.
Whilst it can sometimes be difficult to process that happiness doesn’t come with each purchase (I am guilty), Djerf Avenue is a constantly growing brand worth sticking with. I own two terry cloth robes from the Go Slow collection, and they are among my favourite items in my (vast) clothing collection!
In essence, Djerf Avenue is so successful because it doesn’t just sell clothes, it sells style.