Autumn season is among us, and I think it is safe to say a lot of us are still feeling the remnants of ‘freshers flu’ and are struggling to shake off that cold. So, I want to share a delicious food recipe which can help you to relieve those nasty cold and flu symptoms and get you feeling great again. My favourite remedy for any cold or flu is to put together a homemade ramen soup. It is actually so easy to make and so tasty! You can choose to make it veggie, or add a bit of meat (I usually go for salmon!) I have only included a few veggies here, but feel free to add whatever veg you want!
Dry noodles (1 nest per person)
1 salmon fillet
1 red onion
1 clove garlic
Ginger (as much/as little as you want)
1 red pepper
10 baby mushrooms
1 28g fish stock pot (I use Knorr)
Sprinkle of chilli flakes
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees, and get your salmon ready. Put it on a baking tray,
and put some teriyaki sauce over it. I also like to add little bits of cut up ginger as it
gives it such a good taste.
2. Bake for 18-20 minutes.
3. Whilst the salmon is baking, cut up the onion, garlic, mushrooms and pepper.
4. Fry them on the hob.
5. While they are frying, start to boil some water for your noodles.
6. While the water is bubbling and the veg is frying, you can make the broth. Get your
fish stock cube and dissolve it in a jug of 500ml boiling water.
7. Add the broth to the vegetables and let it all cook together.
8. Put the noodles in the boiling water (should take about 6-7 minutes.)
9. Add some chilli flakes to your broth and veg.
10. Drain the noodles and add them to your vegetables and broth and stir.
11. Take the salmon out of the oven and put the veg and noodles into a bowl, and place
the salmon on top!