Home LifestyleFood Best Budget Friendly Restaurants in Exeter

Best Budget Friendly Restaurants in Exeter

Rebecca Lea sifts through the myriad of restaurants in Exeter to pick out the ones that are kindest to the student bank account.
2 minutes read
Image: Dan Gold via Unsplash

As an avid foodie living on a student budget, it is hard to find the balance between enjoying a meal out and not breaking the bank. Exeter as a city offers many temptations for food lovers, and sometimes, especially after a long study haul or night out, it is all too easy to ignore the budget and bank balance and give into the food cravings. So when the hangovers hit and your bank is broke, or you just fancy a good, reasonably priced meal out, here is your Exeter student guide for the best budget friendly restaurants in Exeter.

Zizzi
Uni days: 30% off food Monday – Wednesday
Zizzi is the perfect choice if you are craving anything classically Italian. It is situated down the picturesque Gandy Street, and with beautiful outdoor seating for the summer, it is the ideal spot for students to dine out on a budget.

Franco Manca
Uni days: £9.95 Pizza & Soft Drink or Pizza & Glass of Wine for £11.95
If it is pizza you are after, you can do no better on a student budget than Franco Manca. Their sourdough pizza paired with a soft drink is the perfect hangover cure. If you are feeling cheeky, an extra £2 for wine would make Franco Manca the ideal budget date night, or hair of the dog kill or cure if you are feeling brave…

Yo Sushi
Uni days: 20% off food Sunday – Friday
Yo Sushi never disappoints, with its endless options of Japanese dishes and sushi, and a generous student discount, what’s not to love?

Pho
25% off food with Student ID
Pho offers an endless array of beautifully healthy and fresh dishes. The Vietnamese noodle soup is so warming and healing to the soul that it may be a potential cure for the dreaded freshers flu. With the colder months creeping in, Pho will be the perfect location for a cosy winter meal out on a student budget.

Bills
Uni Days: 20% off your total bill
While Bills is not looked upon as a classic student budget restaurant to dine at, the 20% student discount makes it the ideal restaurant to celebrate a special occasion with friends, or if you are feeling particularly generous, treating your parents to dinner without the fear of bankruptcy ruining your meal.