Christmas is a perfect time to host a get-together with friends and family. Why not impress your guests with this tofu nugget recipe? This party snack is guaranteed to change your guests’ mind about tofu or vegan food in general!
- 1 block of firm or extra firm tofu (silken or soft tofu will not work for this recipe!
- Marinate: 2 tablespoons of soy sauce, 2 teaspoons of smoked paprika, 1 teaspoon of mild or medium chilli powder, juice of a lemon (or 1 tablespoon of vinegar), pepper to taste
- Press the tofu to remove excess moisture. This can be done by wrapping the whole block of tofu in thick kitchen paper, sandwiching this between 2 plates, then microwave this for 3 minutes.
- Chop the tofu into small triangles – each slice should be half and inch thick.
- Mix the rest of the ingredients together, then marinate the tofu pieces in this mixture for at least an hour. Preheat the oven at 200*C.
- Line a baking tray with grease proof paper and assemble the tofu pieces. Bake in the oven until golden and crispy (this should take 15 to 20 minutes)